Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay when calling outside calls

tarek issa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I m installing a Call manager express + IP phones.When i dial numbers other than extensions (9.* , outside LAN calls, to my mobile for example), the call needs more than 30 seconds to be proceeded correctly and so the end party rings.

Please advice..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

With the pattern 9.*, CME will wait for any number of digits to be dialed. Until the interdigits timeout doesn?t expire, CME is not going to dial the full number.

Try to define patterns that it accomodate a fixed number of digits, for example, 9.XXXXXXXXX (CME will wait for nine digits and it will dial the number). But take care of not overlapping patterns because you will remain in the same problem, for example, 9.XXXXX and 9.XXXXXX.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

With the pattern 9.*, CME will wait for any number of digits to be dialed. Until the interdigits timeout doesn?t expire, CME is not going to dial the full number.

Try to define patterns that it accomodate a fixed number of digits, for example, 9.XXXXXXXXX (CME will wait for nine digits and it will dial the number). But take care of not overlapping patterns because you will remain in the same problem, for example, 9.XXXXX and 9.XXXXXX.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Thank you Juan,

The problem is solved :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: