Changing IPCCX Deployment from Single Server to Multiple servers with HA

Unanswered Question

Hello,

We have now a single IPCCX 4.0.4 Server (just IP IVR installed) with all the components installed :

- CRS Engine

- DB Component (MSDE)

- Recording and Monitoring..

We want to move to High Availability Multiple servers deployment including :

- 2 IP IVR Servers

- 2 IPCC Express Servers

After purchasing the new HA license what must we do to get the type of deployment needed?

Must we just add the new servers and install the components?

Must we move or uninstall some components from the first server (IP IVR)?

Does anyone have the right procedure to move from a non-HA Single Server to a HA Multiple servers deployment?

Thanks a lot.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Gergely Szabo Fri, 03/23/2007 - 07:41

You can actually add another CRS node and set up a cluster, the only thing you have to do is just to specify the LDAP profile for the original server, for the additional server when setting it up.

However, I would not go that way - our company tried it and we have been struggling with that installation since then.

So if I were you I would rather start from scratch.

Gergely Szabo Fri, 03/23/2007 - 08:07

Yes.

What can be a real pain in the neck is the fact you have MSDE installed - HA setup needs that "special" SQL server that came as the fourth CD of the CRS media kit.

Gergely Szabo Thu, 04/12/2007 - 02:21

Hello,

yes, indeed, you need the 4th CD, which is the SQL server for IPCC Express if you want to have HA.

No, you cannot install SQL Server from the media that comes from Microsoft.

When installing IPCC Express, you will have to choose the SQL server option (instead of MSDE).

That's basically it...

Gergely Szabo Thu, 04/12/2007 - 02:41

I guess this will be a problem... I did something similar once and I had to reinstall the CRS - with SQL server...

Actions

This Discussion