cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reception console and call forwarding

mark_gardner
Level 1
Level 1

I have a receptionist phone with 4 different lines (callmanager express) representing different companies, each line has its own mailbox, at the end of day I want calls coming into various lines forwarded to the relevant mailbox, I can not implement night service as there are no other staff onsite at night time, I understand that if I press call-forward all on the console, it will only redirect the primary line through to voicemail, how would I get incoming calls to the additional lines to forward through to there own individual voice mailboxes ?

If I program each extensions call-forward all number via the gui this will still not work ?

Is automated attendant the only way to go ?

thanks

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

You are correct, using the gui is going to be the only way to forward lines 2,3 & 4. Only the Prime Line - 1 can be forwarded from the phone itself.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for your help rob.

I think that would be too much hassle for them.

Would it be feasible to set call-forward noan on the additional lines to the prime line number and set the prime line call-forward-all to a general mailbox

for example

line 1 number 100

call-forward-all 1234

line 2 1111111

call-forward noan 100

line 3 2222222

call-forward noan 100

line 4 3333333

call-forward noan 100

1234 being a general delivery mailbox

If this would not work would automated attendant handle something like this ?

Thanks rob

Hi Mark,

First off, you are very welcome (although not too much help yet)!

I don't see why this wouldn't work :) I can't set this up in the lab right now to test but I'm pretty sure you would be fine with this setup. There is an excellent chance that each of the numbers (1111111,2222222 & 3333333) could have individual mailboxes tied to the specific company. When the call forwards through to voicemail it should be able to determine the proper mailbox and play the appropriate company's greeting.

Maybe you could try this out and let us know.

Take care,

Rob

Thanks for the input rob will give it a crack :)

oops - please ignore!

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: