cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP7931 IP Phone

phillip-wright
Level 1
Level 1

Is this phone currently only able to work with CME 4.1, and CCM 6? I find it hard to beleive Cisco or anyone for that matter would produce a new product that will not be backward capatable with Call Manager 4.1, 4.2 5.0.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Phillip,

It is quite odd isn't it. You are correct though that the only 2 versions that currently support the 7931 are CCM 6.0 and CME (4.0.3 and higher).

My understanding of the 7931 IP phone is that it is actually a re-branded (Lynksys or Polycom I can't remember now) so it wasn't really a Cisco design. Maybe that plays some part in the compatability issue.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob for chiming in. I just think Cisco needs to address this issue fast or this phone will be dead in the market place. They are shipping this item already and I am certain some engineers are placing these in systems where it will not work. I am sending an alert message to our engineers to use extreme caution when it come to this device. it's only saving grace is if it can use SIP as a protocol.

The 7931G is an great phone for CME 4.0.3 and 4.1. Finally enough keys to work and readable display.

I have one installed without issue (ok, localization is not complete on the softkey labels).

This phone doesn't support SIP for now. The Linksys Business One is the co-developed SIP phone.

I've installed one as well. You are right it is a good device with real potenial, but why release a phone that will not work with all your legacy systems.

I just don't get that. They should make a patch REAL soon.

Phil

Can you post your config, I have to install 200 of this phones next week

thanks

Armando

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: