cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless RF Site Survey Tools: Do you have a preference?

dsmulvey
Level 1
Level 1

Our customers are asking us with greater frequency to work with them on deploying high performance wireless networks that are secure, reliable and support end-to-end QOS. We recognize to do that professionally requires great site survey RF tools.

We are considering AirMagnet's "Survey Pro" with their integrated "Spectrum Analyzer." We would run them on a Lenovo 802.11abg PC.

However we have seen some discussion on here regarding Cognio's Spectrum Analyzer and we have also found the Exahau "Site Survey" software product will speak with a Fluke 802.11 radio.

We are looking at investing in a tool set for our Wireless practice and we want to ask you what are your favorite site survey and spectrum analyzer tools? Thanks for taking the time to respond!

1 Reply 1

csannedhi
Level 1
Level 1

Apart from all the features Sales folks pitch about from both these companies the intuitiveness (ease of use) and accuracy make a lot of difference.

I would suggest getting trial copies of both of these tools and using them in the field before making a final investment.

Personally I have used AirMagnet Spectrum Analyzer (a separate product) and has been impressed by it. It comes in both laptop as well as handheld formats.

For site surveys I have used Wireless Valley which is also very impressive.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card