Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 Factory Defaults to SIP

elliotknight
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Today i purchased 2 7940's to use in a small office. These need to be SIP based and before i bought i read that there was updates available to the firmware to make them SIP based. I have tried for several hours now to get them from the factory firmware 3.1 onto anything SIP based but there seams to be nothing i can do to get them on. The tftp says i am missing cnf files. I am lost.

Anyone shed some light please.

Thanks

Elliot

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using callmanager or callmanager express ?

If the first this is your doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

If the second then read:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008052dd88.html

If none of the above I suggest you configure a callmanager express just to help in the upgrade process, and be very wary of the SIP image to load because to all images work well in non-cisco environments.

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts!

When i go to the download page all i get is:

Tools & Resources

Software Download

Cisco Unified CallManager Express and SRST

NOTE:

There are currently no files for this type.

It seams to be the same when i go to the bluk of linked download pages.

From the main download page, choose "Voice Software". Then, click again in top left corner for login.

Note if you have already a router with voice software and a recent IOS it should have already good enough CME inside for you to work with.

Right i did that this is what it gives me:

Software Center (Downloads)

Voice Software

Gatekeeper Transaction Message Protocol

Cisco Voice Call Manager Hotfix Patches

Additional Information Product Bulletins

Voice Applications

Product Catalog

Documentation

I am only registered with a guest account i do not have any other Cisco equipment apart from 2x 7940 IP Phones. I do not have a Cisco Service Agreement.

Sorry, without a service contract you cannot download anything from CCO. Some resellers are said to be selling contracts for phones using an all-online procedure, the details are on voip-info.org.

Right after much looking i have some firmware. I have managed to get the phone to SIP version 6.3 but any versions after that i try to upgrade to it asks for POS3-06-3-00.loads and i dont have that file anywhere. Is there a solution to this problem?

Make your email available in profile in case someone can be of help. If you have a term40-default.loads or something, rename it to POS3-06-3-00.loads.

i do not have one of those files is there any other ideas? Incase anyone can help my email is elliot@fastfrag.co.uk could not see where to make tht available.