Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 Factory Defaults to SIP

elliotknight
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Today i purchased 2 7940's to use in a small office. These need to be SIP based and before i bought i read that there was updates available to the firmware to make them SIP based. I have tried for several hours now to get them from the factory firmware 3.1 onto anything SIP based but there seams to be nothing i can do to get them on. The tftp says i am missing cnf files. I am lost.

Anyone shed some light please.

Thanks

Elliot

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using callmanager or callmanager express ?

If the first this is your doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

If the second then read:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008052dd88.html

If none of the above I suggest you configure a callmanager express just to help in the upgrade process, and be very wary of the SIP image to load because to all images work well in non-cisco environments.

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts!

When i go to the download page all i get is:

Tools & Resources

Software Download

Cisco Unified CallManager Express and SRST

NOTE:

There are currently no files for this type.

It seams to be the same when i go to the bluk of linked download pages.

From the main download page, choose "Voice Software". Then, click again in top left corner for login.

Note if you have already a router with voice software and a recent IOS it should have already good enough CME inside for you to work with.

Right i did that this is what it gives me:

Software Center (Downloads)

Voice Software

Gatekeeper Transaction Message Protocol

Cisco Voice Call Manager Hotfix Patches

Additional Information Product Bulletins

Voice Applications

Product Catalog

Documentation

I am only registered with a guest account i do not have any other Cisco equipment apart from 2x 7940 IP Phones. I do not have a Cisco Service Agreement.

Sorry, without a service contract you cannot download anything from CCO. Some resellers are said to be selling contracts for phones using an all-online procedure, the details are on voip-info.org.

Right after much looking i have some firmware. I have managed to get the phone to SIP version 6.3 but any versions after that i try to upgrade to it asks for POS3-06-3-00.loads and i dont have that file anywhere. Is there a solution to this problem?

Make your email available in profile in case someone can be of help. If you have a term40-default.loads or something, rename it to POS3-06-3-00.loads.

i do not have one of those files is there any other ideas? Incase anyone can help my email is elliot@fastfrag.co.uk could not see where to make tht available.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: