getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

These reports are available in the new version of Campus:

Unused Down-shows Admin status=Down and Operational status=Down

Unused Up-shows Admin status=Up and Operational status=Down

Recently Down-shows Admin status=Up and Operational status=Down

Questions: In these reports, can Campus report on:

How many days since an Unused Up port has been Operationally down?

How many days since Recently Down ports have been down?

In short, is a value set somewhere to determine Recently Down ports?

If so, can this value be adjusted. (for example: Recently Down=10days, 20days, 30days, etc)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot specify a timeframe or get details on how long a port has been in a certain state in LMS 2.6. However, LMS 3.0 will allow one to specify ranges for these reports (e.g. unused for 30, 25, 20, etc. days).

The recently down report refers to ports that were connected to an end host in a previous acquisition cycle, but in the latest Campus Data Collection were found to be down. This algorithm is not configurable.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot specify a timeframe or get details on how long a port has been in a certain state in LMS 2.6. However, LMS 3.0 will allow one to specify ranges for these reports (e.g. unused for 30, 25, 20, etc. days).

The recently down report refers to ports that were connected to an end host in a previous acquisition cycle, but in the latest Campus Data Collection were found to be down. This algorithm is not configurable.

Awesome. I was asked a similar question the other day as our organisation currently uses a scripted method to achieve this which is difficult to manage.

I'm keen to find out more of the new features / changes in the upcoming 3.0 LMS release. Joe, do you have a link to a source listing all the new features?

Cheers

There is not a feature list published. I have covered some of the highlights on previous threads, however.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: