DEAR NETPRO EXPERTS!
What does it maean each one of these state?
1. Full/-: Established adjacency with the neighbor. Mostly would be a case in P2P circuits
2. Full/Drother: Established adjacency with the neighbor which is not DR or BDR. Will be seen in Multiaccess network like ethernet
3. Attempt/Drother: Trying to establish adjacency in Multiaccess network particularly MBMA (trying to find the DR0
4. Attempt/drother: Same as above
5. Full/Drother: Same as in point 2
6. Full/BDR: Established adjacency with the neighbor which is the BDR for the multiaccess segment.
HTH, rate if it does
In addition you can also keep this lnk handy for OSPF. It's a very good OSPF design guide
that and more explained in the following document:
Hope this helps, please rate any useful posts!