Views
Helpful
Replies

International translation pattern problem

soheilkatal
Level 1
Level 1

I have this scenario,

I want translate or forward an internal extension number to an international number

So when any extension dials that four digit number like ?2525?, callmanager translates that number

To 0114512312312? ,

Should I use translation pattern or something else?

I tried translation pattern, but when I dial extension It doesn?t work.

It works when I translate 2525 to 18182321? national number.

But with international it is not working.

Any help, would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

One option is to create a separate route pattern of 9.01144234234234234 to match the number that you are translating to explicitly. Otherwise, you will be waiting on the interdigit timeout for the call to complete. You could also create a 9.011!# route pattern which would allow you to press # after dialing an international number to terminate digit input. This is a good practice outside of this particular case. For this case, I would recommend the first option.

Brandon

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, a translation pattern will do the job. Do you have a route pattern in place that will match the international number that you are translating to?

Brandon

yes i have.

and i am able to call international directly from my phone, but when i use translation pattern with international number,

the only thing that i hear is dial tone,

and no diaing.

but if i use national number

it will work.

Can you post a screenshot of your translation pattern and route pattern?

Brandon

i attached both Translation pattern and route pattern.

thanks for help, and fast reply

One option is to create a separate route pattern of 9.01144234234234234 to match the number that you are translating to explicitly. Otherwise, you will be waiting on the interdigit timeout for the call to complete. You could also create a 9.011!# route pattern which would allow you to press # after dialing an international number to terminate digit input. This is a good practice outside of this particular case. For this case, I would recommend the first option.

Brandon

Out of curiosity, you don't have something like forced auth codes on the telco side do you? I notice on your route pattern you're not sending the external phone number mask, any chance your telco is just returning dial-tone and waiting for you to enter an accounting code?

Just a thought.

Jim

Did you ever get this working? I am having the exact same issue, and I have a route pattern specifically for the international number, but it still will not work. But, when I change the translation pattern to a national number, it will work.

Thanks,

Brent

Hi,

do debug isdn q931 on the gateway, and you will notice that if an type/plan of international is specified in setup, then the number must have no leading zeros and begin with the country code directly.

Instead the same number but with correct international call codes, will be successful.

Thanks for the reply. I actually just got this working about 5 minuteas ago. Even though I had the exact route pattern, I didn't have a pound at the end of it and we had 9.011! in our route patterns so Call Manager was still waiting for the inter-digit timeout because of the 9.011! route pattern. We added 9.011!# and added a pound at the end of the translation pattern, and it is now working. By adding that, I could also remove the specific route pattern we had in place for the international number. But, thanks again for the reply.

Brent

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: