cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Verifying OSPF is sending routes to it's neighbor?

anowell
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a command I can issue to verify what routes my local router is sending via OSPF?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, OSPF does not send really routes, rather a network description in term of links, some of these are to all purposes, routes. But is the router software that has to process them first. True you can have filters on sending of some.

In fact, most of the time, is not sending anything as long there are no changes in topology.

You can enable debug ip ospf events and packet, but to see if a route is given sent ospf, check it first with show ip route, show ip protocols ospf, show ip ospf database.

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, OSPF does not send really routes, rather a network description in term of links, some of these are to all purposes, routes. But is the router software that has to process them first. True you can have filters on sending of some.

In fact, most of the time, is not sending anything as long there are no changes in topology.

You can enable debug ip ospf events and packet, but to see if a route is given sent ospf, check it first with show ip route, show ip protocols ospf, show ip ospf database.

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts!

I guess the way I asked the questions was wrong.

I do not have visibility to my OSPF neighbor but I wanted a way to view which networks of mine were available to him.

The debug option is a good option, I?ll try that.

Thanks so much for the help!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco