cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity FailOver

fergon
Level 1
Level 1

I have some doubts to configure a Unity with FailOver.

I used the Dynamic Configurator and I got the following PartNumers:

UNITY-BUNDLE

UNITY-4.X

UNITY-IP

UNITY-EXCHANGE

UNITY-DS-ENG

UNITY-MS-ENG

UNITY4.X-SL-32

UNITY-UM-USR-E

UNITY-LIC-POOL

UNITY-FOSVR-17-32

MCS-7835-I2-ECS1

UNITY-WIN2K-ENG

UNITY-PWR-ITAL

Do I have to include the UNITYUM-FOVR-USR part number whit the same quantity of UM license that I Ordered?

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For ever UM license in your failover cluster, you have to have 1 failover license per UM subscriber. (if you want it work correctly)

make sense?

Thanks for your repply.

My doubts was becouse I couldnt find the UNITYUM-FOVR-USR partnumber when I used de Dynamic Config to get the configuration

I am running into the same problem..I have a brand new install for Unity w/failover..I use the configurator and no where does it have the unity failover user part. it has the unity server failover.

now if I go to the lic upgrades it is there under legacy failover server options. I dont get it

There is a license for the failover server itself, then each subscriber needs a failover license.

These get loaded into the primary server, the you run Failover Wizard. Wizard will replicate the databases AND license. When primary goes out, license are and control are trasferred to failover.

Make sense?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: