Views
Helpful
Replies

7941g boot up problem

redrobish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you tell me how to troubleshoot my IP Phones (7941g)

Here's what I can see:

1st phone = don't continue to boot up - both of the programmable buttons are just blinking alternately (green blink)

= only headset button is lit, others don't.

= I already reset / factory default but it's still the same.

2nd phone = half lcd display

hope somebody could help me.

thanks

robert

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Probably a failed flash updates.

Have you tried the factory reset sequence ?

Power off phone. Press and hold # while powering on, release when LEDs start flashing.

Then press in sequence 123456789*0#

There is another sequence you can try:

3491672850*#

At this point the phone will totally reset, on reboot will look for DHCP/ TFTP to download term41.default.loads, plus the individual firmware files making the load.

Make sure that these conditions are met, and your phones should come back to life.

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts!

Hi p.bevilacqua,

Thanks for replying. I already done both but it's still the same.

How can I manually add dhcp/tftp server on the phone? cause my settings are all static...

thanks

robert

Hi,

thanks for your help. the ip phones is now working. I set a tftp server to put a term41.defaults.loads to it, then everytime is ok.

thanks p.bevilacqua ,

robert

Happy to know that all is working fine now. Please remember to rate all useful posts!

yeah, thanks for your help but still my 2nd phone has only half lcd display. Can you you help me on how to troubleshoot it?

thanks again,

robert

Half lcd and all the rest working fine is probably a broken display.

Please remember to rate all useful posts!

half lcd display: but working...

so it means that I need to get it on cisco to repair it? any other idea?

thanks,

robert

Cisco won't repair the phone but will replace it if you have a valid service contract (asmartnet).

Else you can try looking on the leader auction site for a dead phone good for parts.

Since you have fixed at least one phone, would you please consider rate useful post?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: