cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CNA 5.1 installation failure...

AuxMax001
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install CNA 5.1 on a Windows XP SP2 laptop. I launch the installation, it extracts, asks for the installation location, then bombs, with a useful message:

Summary not available

This may be a result of an summary type request--e.g. requesting an install summary when an uninstall has occurred.

I've ran the same installation file on my Vista PC (just for kicks) and it completed without issue.

I've got Java installed. Started with 1.5 update 11, then added 1.4.12 and 1.4.02. No luck. I extracted the EXE to a folder and manually launched the setup.jar. Same messages.

Suggestions? Thanks

4 Replies 4

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

It's not because of java problems, but could be due to space availability in root partition

I have tried every possible cleanup procedure that I can think of. Have plenty of hard drive space. Thanks for the reply.

I have the same problem w/ installing the CNA5.1. I also have a winXp-sp2 but i got a diff error " the installer cannot continue on graphical mode, try running with the -console or -silent flag" I tried to set the properties with the "-console/-silent flag" on it. but its still the same...

Also, can someone tell if my switches are compatible w/ CNA5.1? I already read all the link...just to be sure...

Here's my switches:

cisco WS-C3750G-24TS-1U

cisco WS-C3560-48PS

cisco WS-C6506-E

cisco WS-C3560-48PS

ASA5505

thanks,

robert

kylebonham
Level 1
Level 1

I was having the same problem so I opened a TAC case to get it fixed. I was told that it was a group policy issue on the domain and that I should install it as a local user. That fixed my problem. Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: