Views
Helpful
Replies

Stacking

manoj.jain
Level 1
Level 1

Hii to all.

i want to modify my network design, i have 11 cisco 2950-24-E1 Layer 2 switches + 2 no. of cisco 3750 L3 switch.

My first goal is to do stacking of all 11 switches and wana to connect this stack to L3 switch Via redundant links .

(1) suppose if one of the links fails ,i can reach with other link , i m connecting L3-L2 by fastethernet port.

(2) i want to minimize the brodecasting problem in stack switch .pls guide me, in what best way i can configure.

Thanx

Manoj

7 Replies 7

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

HI

I think 2950 will not support stacking.

i would recomend you to have redundant links from u r 2950 to 3750.Crate vlans and configure HSRP on 3750.

Thanks

Mahmood

Hii

Thanx for ur reply..but its not correct actaully we are using stacking right now but we are facing some broadcasting issue/looping issue so our network jam some time .so we need to solve that issue .

If any option revert me back.

Thanx

Manoj

The Catalyst 2950 switches actually do support clustering (i.e. turning a bunch of switches into a virtual switch managed by a single IP address etc) - see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008047628e.html

Hiii

Thanx for reply but i dont have cco account..is there any other way to access some usefull doc. regaqrding clustering/stacking.

Thanx

If you don't have CCO access you can access the document at the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008047628e.html

lalit0005
Level 1
Level 1

We can stack 2950 using gigstack module

But I?m not sure how many switches we can stack.In 2950 switch two gig module slots is available.we can use one for gigstack and other for gig connectivity.

If all switches are stacked then we can connect top and Bottom switch to the 3750 switch through gig connectivity.STP should be enable,in thise Scenario.

Hiii to alll

As previously mentioned i tried couple of method to stack 2950 switch but i m not able to achieve what i m desiring. i have 12 2950G-24-E1 switch ,2 cisco 3750 switch as distribution switch and one core switch 3700 series .

(1) due to lack of gig interafce converter im not able to connect all 2950 switch to 3750 switch, so i m stacking all 2950 switch with fiber & that stack i want to connect with distribution switch .

a. there should be redundancy between stack and distribution switch & one more thing if one the access switch fail there should not be break all connectivity between access -distribution switch.

If any further information required let me know pls.

Thanx

Manoj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: