cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Discovery Fails

kjackson74
Level 1
Level 1

We have CM 4.0.5. It had been running fine, but now Device Discovery won't run. I have searched through this forum and tried a number of things such as:

Replacing devicediscovery.properties with a copy of devicediscovery.properties.orig

Making sure that devicesroot has a path and is not empty

Stopping/restarting the service

I have looked at some of the log files, even though I don't really know what I am looking at, and the discovery.log has this line:

ERROR DiscoveryMain: AniStaticConfigException: Time base name Devdiscovery not not valid for SMFDefinition com.cisco.nm.ani.server.devdiscovery.DevdiscoverySMFCreateSeedDevice

Does anyone have any suggestions on further troubleshooting steps?

Thanks,

Kari

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Notice that there's a problem with this file. It has the line:

timebase=

Was this entry added manually after restoring orig?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can you please attach your DeviceDiscovery.properties file

Gladly :)

Notice that there's a problem with this file. It has the line:

timebase=

Was this entry added manually after restoring orig?

Sorry,

I was messing with the attachment and deleted it.

I did not add the timebase= line.

(at least not on purpose) I will take it out and see how it goes. I did check the orig file, and that line is not there.

For the device properties file that I attached, I took out the ip addresses we use, just for privacy's sake. A little late, I know :)

Thank you,

Kari

I love this forum! It appears to be running now. I won't say it is definately working until it finishes, but it has gotten farther than before.

garyckw2508
Level 1
Level 1

I've encountered the same problem after I installed the patching files last week.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: