cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c1601 Router

bradlesliect
Level 1
Level 1

Old I know ....but the client wants to know if we can use it to make VPN connections as well as ADSL connections.

Is this router able of doing it? Running c1600-y-mz.122-28.bin

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Brad

The c1600-y-mz.122-28.bin image is an IP only image and you certainly can not use it to make VPN connections. If you were to upgrade the image to an IPSEC (crypto) image you should be able to use it for making VPN connections.

So to your question about is this router capable of doing VPN the answer would be yes. But to do it would require software upgrade (and potentially hardware upgrade - depending on the amount of memory and flash required for the more capable image).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

any ideas where I can find a more suitable image? please please ...dont refer me to the feature nav. I hate that darn thing! it takes me hours to find what I be looking for and its not user friendly at all. :(

Brad

It looks like this image would work: c1600-k8sy-l.122-29a.bin

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco 1600 series routers connect small offices with Ethernet LANs to the Internet and to company intranets using several wide-area-network (WAN) technologies: Integrated Service Digital Network (ISDN), asynchronous serial, and synchronous serial such as Frame Relay, leased lines, Switched 56, Switched Multimegabit Data Service (SMDS), and X.25.

Cisco 1601: one Ethernet, one serial, one WAN interface card slot.

I don't think the WAN interface card slot support ADSL-WIC as mentioned in the supported type of lines above.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/prod_release_note09186a00800881bc.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card