cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2950 switch port issues

Jerri3613
Level 1
Level 1

I have a catalyst 2950-24 switch in use for part of my floor machines. The switch is connected back into the server and has another switch connected to in the the Gig 2 port. Currently I have 24 IP phones and computers connected to the switch. However, I can only have 22 connected at one time. If I free up 1 port, another one will work. All ports are configured alike. I thought at first it was a cable issue, but the two cables that I thought were the issue will work if I free up 2 other ports. These 2 cables go directly into the switch while the others go through a patch panel. Any suggestions? I need all 24 ports to talk to my setups.

2 Replies 2

brispin
Level 1
Level 1

The following document should help you to determine why a port or interface is experiencing problems.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfd6.shtml

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like maybe you have a couple of ports that are somehow connected in a loop and spanning tree is shutting them off , that is the only reason I can think for something like that to happen . Use the command show spanning tree blockedports to see if this is happening.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card