Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA Program VS Hotfix installation

oabduo983
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I have installed the latest hotfix for CSA and it looks and feels the same way as the normal program. Is this enough as an intallation or should I install the package itself. if yes, what should I do in this case?

5 Replies 5

jdenis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If it's hotfixes the look and feel will be the same. It's only fixing bugs...

What was the revision number before and after you installed ?

(ie. before 5.1.0.69 after 5.1.0.91)

Do you use the CSAMC?

Once the hotfix is applied the agent package needs to be installed as well.

Thanks,

JP

Hi JP,

When I installed the latest hotfix, I meant to say the MC hotfix. I think it was revision 91. There was nothing at all other than the OS installed on that server, and the hotfix looks like it installed the program with the latest version. I wanted to make sure that what I have done is right and I do not have to install the actual package...

The hotfix is just as big as the actual program (about 150 MB file to download)...

Thanks in advance...

Osama

Hi,

Once you applied the CSAMC hotfix, from the CSAMC look under Systems > Agents Kits.

You should see kits for 5.1.0.69 & 5.1.0.91.

CLick on the 5.1.0.91 kit link and click on "Download URL" to download.

Now you need to deploy the 5.1.0.91 agents to your servers.

Also, you can check under Systems > Hosts. Under Host Status check the Software Version.

It should say "Agent is running the latest software".

Thanks,

JP

Does anyone know if you are starting with the initial install of the MC do you have to install the hotfixes in order or just the latest?

Just the latest. Every hotfix includes the entire package.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: