Helpful
Replies

VPN Connection IPsec: no ping response from remote site

vschiavo
Level 1
Level 1

hy guys

i have the fowling problem:

i can establish an ipsec connection (network to network) with the remote site. and i can access to the resources of the remote network. but not vice versa. from the remote network i can not access to any of my servers & co.. when i start a ping to one of my network devices (from remote network to my network) i do not receive a answer. i have spend a lot of time to troubleshoot this problem but i do not found the solution! is it a nat problem? pleas help me...

thank you for your help (and sorry for my english :-))

regards

vito

my config is attached: (PIX 506 v6.3)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Could you send the config for both ends please.

Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Could you send the config for both ends please.

Jon

Hy

I have resolved the problem. The gateway in the configuration of the hosts was not the right one.

I have just replaced the entry with the correct one an it works! The hosts have correctly answered to my request but they return the answer over the false gateway. Result I do not receive any answer to my ping...

I know it?s a basic error?

Thanks

Regards

Vito

k.subramaniam
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

check ICMP is enabled and also inbuilt firewall is disable on server

ksherwood
Level 1
Level 1

I actually want to start a new post but couldn't find where to do it so here goes....

I have a 6500 switch/router with a sup720 and IPSEC SPA from which I have configured a VPN to a remote site using the access method. Now I want to connect to another remote site in a hub and spoke type design, but I can't work out how to do this using a single WAN side port and IP address ???

I have worked it out !!!

You create another crypto map of the same name but with another ID ie crypto map WAN 20

and then add the new peer.

I hope this will help anyone else because it's not clear in the doco :>)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: