Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Troubleshooting Inventory Collection

mchiaravalle_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have one 2811 router that is causing the following RME error: RICS0001:Cannot successfully collect Inventory Information for the device:Internal Error.

RME Troubleshooting Tips and FAQs recommends the following: - Try Collecting Inventory for the device again. If the problem persists, in the log directory look for IC_Server.log. Search for the Device IP, you will see an exception trace. Contact TAC with these details.

Here is the Exception Trace:

Mon Mar 26 15:40:20 PDT 2007 ],ERROR,[Thread-15],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.core.CollectionController,861, Exception occured in process method while processing: 192.168.120.1 ASA Error -193: Primary key for table 'PhysicalPort' is not unique

ICSException :: ASA Error -193: Primary key for table 'PhysicalPort' is not unique

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.InvDataProcessor.processInvData(InvDataProcessor.java:463)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.core.CollectionController.run(CollectionController.java:849)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

LMS 2.6

This router is for remote site access and CME.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is most likely the known bug CSCse52700. A patch is available by calling the TAC. However, before arriving at this conclusion, device-specifc bugs need to be ruled out first. What version of IOS is this 2811 running?

Thanks for responding.

This router is running:

c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-4.XC4

It is the only one of my (12) 2811's running this IOS. We loaded it for Callmanager Express.

My others are running: c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-3a, and not exhibiting this error.

Thanks

This platform-specific train may be causing your problem. There are no known bugs on the XC train, but we have historically seen problems with these kind of trains.

Can this router be moved to the 12.4T train? If not you will need to open a TAC service request so that additional inventory debugging can be done to isolate the exact cause of this problem.

Thanks

I will study the CME - Cisco IOS Software Version Compatibility Matrix to see what I can do. Appreciate the help.

This may still be related to the aforementioned bug. It's just I'm leary about such trains. You can try to remove the device from RME, then re-add it. If that gets inventory collection working, it is most likely the bug. If it still fails, an upgrade will ulitimately be required.

I just updated our server from LMS 2.51 to 2.6 and I am having the exact problem with RME 4.0.

I have some 2621s and 3810s that are having the issue. I have tried to remove the devices and readmit them to RME to no avail. This patch you mentioned, you have to put in a TAC for it?

Please provide the IC_Server.log.

see attached...

Looks like your devices are affected by a CISCO-FLASH-MIB bug. As a workaround, try increasing your SNMP timeout in RME for these devices. You can do that under RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices > Edit Device Attributes > Inline Edit. I would start with a value of 10, and go from there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco