cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound local calls fail - outbound long calls OK

tappintheline
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out the problem we have at one of our branches, and I would welcome any help you can give. I am not familiar with Cisco IP telephony and the system was installed before my time. Call Manager version 4 is being used. We can call outside, but only long distance numbers where our other branches are located. When trying to call a local phone number, I noticed that the call is placed before the last 3 digits are entered. Cutting off the first 3 digits for local area code, so I can enter the remaining number also doesn't help. All incoming calls are passing through, and other branches don't experience the problem. Anyone can give a hint on this?

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It appears that your route pattens for that site are messed up. Can you post all of the route patterns that point to the local Route List?

Chris

Chris how long have you had your CCIE-V. I am working on mine right now have the written and started my studing for the LAB.

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

You are missing a rout pattern.

You should have one that is in the same PT and CSS that allow access outbound at that site.

Should look like this 9.[2-9]XXXX if local is seven digits.

or should look like 9.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXX for 10 digits.

Please rate this thread.