cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does anyone use IP Communicator over the Internet?

bhwang
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone use IP Communicator at home or outside of office and make a phone call through internet to office phone ? Does the voice quality can be acceptable?

What are the users environments?(broadband type,bandwidth, CPU, RAM....)

Thanks for your respond!

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We do use IPC over the internet. Keep in mind that broadband providers do not guarantee latency, jitter, loss, etc. Voice quality will vary by connection, but is normally acceptable. As long as your machine meets the minimum requirements, CPU, RAM, etc. should not have a noticeable effect on voice quality.

Brandon

I do a lot of calls with IPC over the net, no VPN.

I do have very decent connection to the office and for a fact I know the ISP has strict QoS policy for traffic marked EF. Also good connectivity to ITSP and that makes everything work well.

I found that switching to g729 gives a distinct advantage on situations where I had a moderate packet loss and voice quality (peep on voice spurts).

I like to keep tftp server and config file local on the machine, but is not even necessary I think.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: