cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip telephony device seletion

shibindong
Level 1
Level 1

we are going to deploy Ip telepony solution in our company. We have 100 users and need 100 Ip phones and we also need voice mail for everyone.

I tried selecting devices via CISCO Dynamic configuration tools, but not sure our selection is correct or not. So I listed a few qestions:

1). Do I need license for my IP phone(I choose 10X7961 phones and 90X7911G phones)? If yes, I select: "LIC-CCM-7960+COM= CallMgr User License 7960/61 And IP Comm, Single License", is that right? What should I select for 7911G license?

2). Does CCM also need 100 license? Because I saw an item" LIC-CM-DL-100= CallManager Device License - 100 units", not sure whether this should be selected or not.

3). How about Unity license? we need 100 user all have voice mail, which part number I should select for this license?

4). What is "unity conection"? and what is the difference between "unity server" and this?

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

are you buying directly from cisco? because if not, your reseller should be able to help with these questions. And you can always ask for confirmation here.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would second the reccomendation to talk to a Cisco Partner. You can even call Cisco, have Cisco setup a meeting with your local Cisco Sales and engineer team. They can go over all the different products, differences, then bring a VAR to do the actual sale and installation of your product. If you do not order cisco or install cisco products, it can be very confusing on which products work for you.

For instance, you may be better off getting Express versions for CMM and Unity. Or maybe Unity Connection with IVR will work better for you, etc. The Cisco sales team can better assists in these terms for you.

877-604-1494 is the number to call.

after you have all the info you need, you can verify info in the forum for other "real world" deployments and unbiases opinions.

Cheers and good luck!