cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Access Registrar ODBC connection

p.christofides
Level 1
Level 1

I have enabled 8 ODBC connections for my accounting packets in CAR 4.1.2 and they are not utilized falling into a lot of ODBC timed out. I have played around with the timeouts but no result.

What is you ideas?

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco AR supports Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), an open specification that provides application developers a vendor-independent API with which to access data sources. Cisco AR provides a new type of RemoteServer object and a new service to support ODBC. You can use Cisco AR to authenticate and authorize access requests by querying user information through ODBC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps411/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008043fd38.html

I know those things you told me and I used this link (doc) during the installation. I have the system installed.

There is one problem. Without using the AR buffering for accounting requests, the AR most of the times gives timed out when trying to access ODBC database. I do not see the connections on the database utilized.

This is my problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: