Views
Helpful
Replies

Incomplete called number on E1

marco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with the called number on a E1 line.

Sometimes, the called number arrives "incomplete": it seems that the digits representing the extension are not passed in some occasion.

For example, if I call the E1 number using as source a ISDN BRI or a mobile phone this never happens.

Someone told us that this is caused by the configuration of the caller line.

This is known as overlapping call (or something like this): the full number is sent in two different stages.

Any ideas in order to resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Marco,

you are missing the incoming dial-peer. Since on the PRI you are translating called number from 8888888xx to 1xx, DP 100 will not be triggered based on calling-number.

In reality, DP 100 is being triggered because the calling number (fixed phone in Italy) begins with 0 and matches destination-pattern.

You can remove the "incoming called-number" from there. Instead, you need a new DP to match the translated number, like

dial-peer voice 1000

incoming called-number 1..

direct-inward-dial

Note, is not necessary to include "port ..." in the incoming DP, as current code does not use it anymore in the DP selection. We have seen that also in a recent case where a script was involved.

Also, under "int s0/0/0:15" you have "isdn outgoing display-ie". That is unnecessary, because TI (or any other provider) will not deliver display to the called party.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

alessandro.dona
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Marco,

could you explain better your problem?

Hello,

We've a pri E1 line, connected to a 2850 Cisco router (CCME 4.1(0), IOS 12.4(11)XJ.

We are not able to match the extension number because, during some occasion, the full number (main number plus extension) is incomplete.

For example: take the number 4449991 as the primary number.

If I call 444999110, in some occasion on the router arrives number 444999110 (in this case I am able to associate the internal phone 110 correctly), in other arrives only 4449991 even if the caller make the whole number!

We have found that the full number arrives always full if the caller calls from a BRI ISDN line, of from a mobile phone.

But in other cases, the called number is incomplete?..

I hope the problem is more clear now?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Marco,

Yes it's an overlapping call from an analog phone. Do you have "isdn overlap-receiving" on the interface ? Check it that is has a timeout value that I think overrides interdigit-timeout on the port It should be long enough to let the caller complete the number. You should not see "sending complete" on these calls.

voice-port 0/0/0:15

timeouts interdigit 3

Well, it's short. Make it longer and enable "isdn overlap-receiving".

Note that you ephones are controlled by the values in telephony-service and not port values.

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts!

The command isdn overlap-receiving was missing.

I'll try as soon as possible, and I let you know.

In the meanwhile, thanks for all as usual

P.S.: What do you mean with "Note that you ephones are controlled by the values in telephony-service and not port values".

I've always used the timeout interdigit comamnd in the telephony-service......

Sure. Being 3 a non-default value I thought that it had been changed to make outgoing calls quicker to complete.

If you think about it, overlapping dial is a necessity in networks with variable length dialplans. For example, it is very common for users owning a DID range, to use like 1234-5xxx for the extensions, but also use 1234-51 for the main number.

The network can't know if you want to call them using 6 or 8 digits, so after a short timeout it must present the call with the numbers he got.

At that time the router starts a timeout to decide if processing the number like that or wait for more digits.

In theory you could also match these incomplete selections and send an error message in-band, without actually connect the call, to not cause charges to the caller.

Can I ask you what values "timeouts interdigit" are you using and on which ports?

I've put the overlap-receiving command in the "voice-port 0/0/0:15", but after this a fact strange started to apperar: when I pickup the internal phone connected to the extention, I hear the supplementary digits!

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Marco.

timeout-interdigit on the PRI port can be to something larger than 3.

Now, when do you pick the ephone? When ringing ? Or to place an external call ?

And which digits do you hear, from who ?

I've put a timeout interdigits value > 3, but nothing changed.

I call from an external phone the number 333222110 (where 110 internal number):

instead of ringing 110 internal phone, the phone associated to the primary line rings. When I pick up this phone, I hear the 110 digits (extention)!

It seems that extention digits are now passed, but they are not evaluated by CCME.

Instead, they are passed to the phone...

It's clear the problem?

Thanks a ot again.

How the 'primary' phone is configured? And the dial-peers? Is there a translation-profile defined to allow DID to work?

The system is trying to outpulse digits not absorbed by the dial-peer.

This is not directly related to overlap dial.

First time I'm trying to configure a E1 with voice..

################################

E1 port

interface Serial0/0/0:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn overlap-receiving

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn sending-complete

isdn outgoing display-ie

Voice port

voice-port 0/0/0:15

translation-profile incoming trans-pri-in

output attenuation -5

cptone IT

bearer-cap Speech

Dial peer

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern 0T

incoming called-number 888888...

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

Trans. Profile

voice translation-profile trans-pri-in

translate called 1

Trans. Rule

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /88888\(..\)/ /1\1/

Thank you very much

Hi Marco,

you are missing the incoming dial-peer. Since on the PRI you are translating called number from 8888888xx to 1xx, DP 100 will not be triggered based on calling-number.

In reality, DP 100 is being triggered because the calling number (fixed phone in Italy) begins with 0 and matches destination-pattern.

You can remove the "incoming called-number" from there. Instead, you need a new DP to match the translated number, like

dial-peer voice 1000

incoming called-number 1..

direct-inward-dial

Note, is not necessary to include "port ..." in the incoming DP, as current code does not use it anymore in the DP selection. We have seen that also in a recent case where a script was involved.

Also, under "int s0/0/0:15" you have "isdn outgoing display-ie". That is unnecessary, because TI (or any other provider) will not deliver display to the called party.

Thanks as usual

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: