Views
Helpful
Replies

Q on E1

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have E1 and CCM 5.0, I want to enforce a user/ip phone if he dials an external number (local, national,Mobile,...) to go outside merely through a specific port/channel on E1, since in CCM the E1 looks like one entity with no appearance of the 30 channels of E1, i mean in FXO with 4 ports, each port appears as an entity or gateway in which i can choose to make calls go through it, so how can I accomplish this with E1

please advise

thanks

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

you can't do that. ISDN PRI/BRI is an user/network interface, the router as user can just indicate which channels wants to use, and the switch may refuse. But even if you where able to, what advantage that would give you?

If you want to limit call to a maximum number for a given set, there are other methods to do that.

If you have DID, and wnat to change the calling number, there are also other methods.

thanks

i have E1 (30 lines), with 65 user, and my internal extensions are in different number range, let's say my extension numbers are like(6xxx), and the 30 lines are like: 2774xxx, i made a translation pattern to map 2774xxx to 6xxx.

now what i want to do is that i want to let 20 channels/ports from E1 to be a pool for 55 user, and i want to restrict the remaining 10 users(managers) when going outside just only to go through a specific port (no hunting), the reason simply is that each user will have his dedicated line for his in and out calls, so i don't want hunting functionality, since with hunting all the ports may be used (filled), in this case when an incoming call arrives to user1 (for example) the caller will find as the user1's line busy, even if it is not actually busy.

i hope my case is clear now, please advise

thanks

Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801c0a88.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

thanks Brandon for this nice link, my question now is that what do i need to configure in the ccm side (regarding route patterns, gateway,..)

thanks

Actually using the technique indicated in the goo document that Brandon has linked, there is no need to configure anything special on the CCM.

As I was saying before, it is just a matter of defining incoming voip dial-peers, matching a set of calling numbers, to use specific outgoing pots dial-peers. These will use the same PRI resource, but each will have a maximum number of connections preset.

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts!

that's great p.bevilacqua but as i mentioned in my question that i need just 10 users to use 10 channels, and 55 users to use the remaining 20 channel, so do i have to configure route patterns on ccm for those 55 user, note that 20 channels should be in hunting state, and if yes, how to distinguish users who should use dial peers on gateway, and route patterns on ccm...

sorry but i have some confusion on this!!

Ar you using CCM? mgcp or h.323?

What you want to do, is to limit the number of connections to be maximum of 20 for the pool of 55 employees. But be aware, that the remaining 10 circuits, would never be used by employees, because are left reserved for the 10 managers.

The 10 managers, would have no limitation in number of connections.

I don't know if this can be done with CCM configuration, but it can be done using dial-peer 'max-connections" on the router (using h.323 or ccme). You would use the calling number "answer-address" as a discriminatory element for incoming dial-peer selection.

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts!