cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Forwarding

glovesandgear
Level 1
Level 1

Just getting started with our new Cisco ASA 5510. On our SonicWall TZ170, I could set port forwarding to say, port 8181 goes to a specific IP that's a Windows 2003 Server, and it would work. I've got the same setup in Cisco, but it is not working. I should say

that port forwarding for our email program, MDaemon, is working fine, as well as for our HP-UX box and Linux based WebServer. But going to a Windows Server running SQL 2005 is not. We've even gone to the Windows Server and opened up a port in the firewall, but to no avail. I was getting a SYN Timeout error yesterday. Today, after a change or 2, I'm now getting a TCP Reset-l when trying to access the port via a web browser outside of the company. Is there something on the Windows Server I need to change, or is there still not something set right in the Cisco ASA?

2 Replies 2

abinjola
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

on what port is the communication taking place..?

haroon.shaikh
Level 1
Level 1

Can you explain in detail what ports are you forwarding?

Have you explicitly allowed that port in incoming ACL applied on Outside interface?

Also, a good idea would be to post the config or a part of it to have a good idea of what you are doing?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card