cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can IP Communicator replace IP Softphone?

The main feature I need is for the client application to control a 7940 phone. IP Softphone is no longer in development apparently, and I'm beginning to have some issues as CCM progresses.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you could certainly do that.

Brandon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IP Communicator cannot control a phone as Softphone can. It acts as a standalone phone.

Brandon

I thought you would say that, so I have been reading on the integration of the TSP with Outlook. Assuming I get that to work, if I make a contact named v-mail in Outlook could I get it to where if I "call" that contact it would check my v-mail? Then I can do the rest with Windows/Outlook dialer application.

Yes, you could certainly do that.

Brandon

I have the correct Unity DN identified to make the described contact. But now I need to be able to "answer" calls from within Outlook. I have the TSP configured to make calls, but can't answer calls. Topic for new thread I suspect?

I don't know of any way to answer calls through Outlook. This may not help you now, but with CCM 5.0(4) and Presence server comes Unified Personal Communicator which will allow you to make and receive calls from your desktop. It also has video, IM, and presence functions. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6844/products_data_sheet0900aecd804cab51.html

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: