cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BootP Not Broadcasting on 3750 Stack

amcprod6311
Level 1
Level 1

I have 5 units on a vlan on the same 3750 switch in a 4 switch stack. 4 of the units require a BootP response from a BootP server that is unit 5. They are MAC Address packets sent from the units and are not being broadcast over the vlan. Any trick to allowing MAC address BootP requests to broadcast on the VLAN on the 3750 stack?

We have access to the unit if we force an IP and can communicate via TCP/IP. Just can not

sent BootP requests as broadcast packets.

According to my Network assistant. Broadcast is forwarding.

3 Replies 3

smith.jonathan
Level 1
Level 1

We experienced the exact same issue when we moved from our 3500s to 3750s. The issue ended up being a TCP port I was filtering through a VLAN filter. If you have any filters/ACLs applied try removing those temporarily and see what the result is.

Unfortunately, we have no filters in place yet. We were making sure all was communicating before we start restricting access. I have eliminated the second VLAN so the switch is back at default 1 and still not broadcast love.

By default, all devices on the VLAN should receive any broadcast. Just wondering, do you have broadcast suppression configured on the switchports?

HTH

Sundar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card