Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-peer FXO problem

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have 4 FXO ports that I will be using for SRST on a 2811. I have 4 DID numbers that I will be using to be able to call key individuals in case of an outage. My question is for outgoing calls how can I setup dial-peers to route calls out of these four FXO ports.

For instance

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern 9.t

port 0/1/0

dial-peer voice 101 pots

destination-pattern 9.t

port 0/1/1

if someone dials out and hits dial-peer 100 and is using FXO port 0/1/0 will the next call hit dial-peer 101 or will it try to hit dial-peer 100 again.

I'm trying to use all the FXO ports for dialing out and for dialing in any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Jason

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes this way both ports are available for the same pattern - 9.T

When one port is busy the other will be used.

There is another technique, trunkgroups. You assign the voice-port to a trunk group with a name that you like, and optionally a preference.

Then you assign the trunkgroup to a dial-peer, result you can do with one single dial-peer. You can also define hunt schemes for the trunk members.

Now i'm not sure about the four did numbers. Do you have DID service from the telco ?

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts!

Thank you for the reply this helps. Yes I have DID service from Telco on the FXO. Again thanks very much for any help you can offer.

Hi Jason,

Not sure if the service from telco has been provisioned and is working, but you need FXS/DID ports on the router to support DID, not FXO ports. How many DID digits will you be receiving? Because DID is not usually given for just four numbers (not digits).

Then, because FXS/DID does not support outgoing calls, please ask your telco which signaling is to be used, because in that case the right interface could be E&M for true bidirectional trunk!!!

Hope this helps, if so please rate post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: