Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor IPCCX HA Failover

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Anyone know of a quick way to establish monitoring of an IPCC cluster to notify (ideally via email) when a cluster fails over?

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
5 Replies 5

jwarnerGB
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get any response to this? I would really like to know this myself.

We use SNMP traps to send a trap to our NMS. Then our NMS will use qpage and send email to our staff. We wrote our own NMS trap collector but I believe CiscoWorks supports it as well.

Can you give more detail about the trap ?

when does your IPCC send a trap... based on what ?

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Aaron,

You might be able to do this by using Embedded Event Manager on a router or switch to monitor a TCP port on the Master UCCX server and generate an alert if the port disappears.

There is an example of how to do this at the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/assets/cdc_content_elements/flash/ios/ios_commercial/server_failure_detection_down/Server_Failure_Detection_Down.html

The example using ICMP rather than TCP but it is pretty simple to change.

I guess the difficult bit is working out which TCP port to track. Looking at the UCCX Port Utilisation Guide I would try TCP 38983 (LDAP Server) as this seems to be what CAD uses and that obviously detects failures and switches to the backup server.

I have not tried any of this yet but the theory seems logical!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/troubleshooting/guide/uccx70srvtrbl.pdf

Failover Traps
Cisco Unified CCX failover traps are sent using CvaProcessStart trap with cvaModuleName description as "New Master xxx" where xxx = Process name. Below is a snapshot of a Cisco

Unified CCX Engine failover trap.
12/8/2006 13.51:28 SERVER-NAME Trap: P3 cvaProcessStart,
ent=ciscoVoiceAppsMIBNotifications, comm-public,
cvaAlarmSeverity=notice, cvaModuleName=New Master Engine, cvaProcessId=0

Please rate if it help !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: