cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME3.5(11) with IDU v13.0 not showing Cisco 2800

garethcoco
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded the IDU to v13.0 as I now have a few 2800's in the network. I also installed the CiscoView package Rtr2800 v7.0 as well. RME is still showing the device as a Generic SNMP device and there is no System View for the 2800 series devices. CiscoView is showing the device without any problems.

I thought when I did the IDUv13.0 upgrade that I would get a System View for the 2800 series as well is this becoming a manageable device.

If this is not the case, what do I need to do to enable this feature.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the sysObjectID for this device? It not be supported by RME 3.5. See http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000e/e_3_x/3_5/e3_5.htm for a list of supported devices.

Hi,

SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.1.578

This is listed as being supported in IDU v10 hance my confusion as to why it is not working.

Any thoughts?

If the device was added to RME prior to applying the IDU that supported it, you will need to remove the device, then re-add it.

Hi,

I deleted the device and readd it. It is still coming up as a Generic SNMP device, not a 2851. The ANI application says that it supports the 2851 and even shows the correct OID for the device. The actual server has been reloaded since the IDU v13 update was applied.

Any further ideas on why this is not showing up as a 2851?

Thanks

Gareth

There may be stale data in the RME database that is causing this device to be mapped to a generic device rather than a 2851. There are generally two solutions for this. The easiest (and most expensive) is to reinitialize the RME database. The problem with this is that all of your other device inventory, configuration, syslog, etc. data will be gone.

The other solution is to tactically clean out the stale data in the database. This will require you to open a TAC service request so that more analysis can be done, and possibly remote access obtained.