We have the following problem,

We have a cisco 2811 with 5 voice ports configured as follows

voice port 1 123-456-7890 FAX

voice port 2 123-456-7880 FAX

voice port 3 123-456-7870 FAX

voice port 4 123-456-7860 CONF

voice port 5 123-456-7850 CONF

ok whats happening is that when a customer call us for example from

785-012-XXXX which match the last four digits of voice port 5 , callmanager answers the call and give the caller a dial tone as if that person was inside our office picking up a handset of one of our phones, instead to route the call to the main extension callmanager give the caller matching the first 4 digits of its caller id a dial tone?

i have look everywhere and i cant find a solution

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here you go, you had monitor logging disabled. reenter it as I indicated above.

Then retake the call.

You don't need to obscure private address in info configuration; they don't mean a thing to anybody.

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are these analog ports ? Where the calls are coming from? H.323 or MGCP with the CM? Some elements more, please!

yes those are analog ports configured into the cisco 2811. calls are coming from H.323

The calls are coming from , from another location and they also use cisco callmanager apparently the it here says that the problem started after the location that is calling upgraded their cisco callmanager. could be this be possible?.

No i have spoofed my caller id to make it like theirs and i made the call from an asterisk server using their CID to our office and the problem is the same.. any person that calls matching their first 4 digits to the last four digits of any of voice ports gets a dial tone automatically ? thank you very much for your help

charlotterob
Level 1
Level 1

here is part of the 2811 config

voice-port 0/0/0:23

input gain -1

output attenuation 1

timeouts interdigit 4

!

voice-port 0/2/0

description FAX-1 1234563507 via port 41

station-id name abc company

station-id number 1234563507

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/2/1

description spare port

!

voice-port 0/2/2

description FAX-2 1234562038 via port 1

station-id number 1234562038

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/2/3

description FAX-3 1234562039 via port 5

station-id number 1234562039

caller-id enable

!

So for example if a person calls from

203 9XX XXXX will automatically gets a dial tone of our company, as you see 2039 match voice-port 0/2/3

any help is certantly appreciated ,thank you in advance

Hi, do you use h323 or mgcp? If the first, you also need a dial-peer with destination pattern 2039 for ports 0/2/3, and so on. Also check that telco is sending 4 digits of did (debug isdn q931 pri) else you need to translate to did somewhere (router or CM).

If using mgcp I cannot really help much.

I am using h.323

I have used in one of the ports the following command in the 2811 since it sounds like a flash or dial tone.

no supervisory disconnect lcfo

but didnt do nothing..but sir i am using h.323

there is a destination patter for all of the voice ports

for example

dial-peer voice 2039 pots

description FAX-4 (123)456-2039

answer-address 1234562039

destination-pattern 2039

port 0/2/3

forward-digits all

and all of the other ports are also configured that way. again thank you very much for your time and patience

when i do the following comand

debug isdn q931 ?

i get the following options

asn1

detail

interface

which one shoudl i choose?

thank you again

hi,

outgoing DP is almost correct. Remove incoming answer-address and forward-digits all, that are not doing anything for you.

Now for the incoming DP:

dial-peer voice 1015 pots

incoming called-number ...

direct-inward-dial

All this assumes telco is sending exclusively the four DID digits. if not, you will need a translation profile also.

The command to see what telco does, is "debug isdn q931" only, and "term mon". Then, call from outside the fax number.

when i do

#show debug

isdn error is ON.

isdn q931 is ON. (filter is Off)

when i do

#show isdn status

voice-2811#show isdn status

Global ISDN Switchtype = primary-5ess

ISDN Serial0/0/0:23 interface

dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = primary-5ess

Layer 1 Status:

ACTIVE

Layer 2 Status:

TEI = 0, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED

Layer 3 Status:

2 Active Layer 3 Call(s)

CCB:callid=BA76, sapi=0, ces=0, B-chan=20, calltype=VOICE

CCB:callid=6014, sapi=0, ces=0, B-chan=1, calltype=VOICE

Active dsl 0 CCBs = 2

The Free Channel Mask: 0x8007FFFE

Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 0

Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 2

then i did

#dial-peer voice 1015 pots

incoming called-number 1234562039

direct-inward-dial

how can i find out how many digits is telco sending ? if so how can we fix this issue ?

thank you again

do "term mon" and place a call from outside.

Looks like the CM is working like that so no translation can be applied.

The DP 1015 that you configured will match only the number you are testing now. Depending on the result above you may need to change/add more DP or patternize the incoming called-number.

So first I'd like to see the call.

i did

#term mon

I place the call from a different number meaning the caller id doesnt start with 203-9XX-XXXX and yeah the call is forward or routed succesfully although in this case when our remote office call us which their # begins with 203-9xx-xxxx they still get the same dial tone...

oh yeah when i do the following

#show isdn active

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISDN ACTIVE CALLS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call Calling Called Remote Seconds Seconds Seconds Charges

Type Number Number Name Used Left Idle Units/Currency

Out 1234560100 +1239822333 2056 Unavail - 0

In 2039XXXXXX 2039 323 Unavail -

so aparently the system according to incoming call showing by using show isdn active in fact shows all 10 digits, if telco was sending only 4 it would only show 4 digits am i correct? in the incoming log

thank you again for your help

so no matter what you do , if your first 4 digits of your caller id match any of the last 4 digits configured in any of the voice ports, you will get a dialtone ???? i dont get it?

Hi,

I would really need to see the output of "debug isdn q931" when they call and get a dialtone.

You get a dialtone when incoming DP doesn't have direct-inward-dial. And if no DP matches called/calling number, the default DP sends dialtone.

I have forgot the command to use to see the output of the

#debug isdn q931

the dial tone that this people get is our inside dial tone is like as if like they were inside our office picking up a handset.

As you can read above, it's "debug isdn q931" and "term mon".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: