cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC IVR with SQL Server 2005

bgrunewald
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone tried this? Does it work? I know that SQL 2000 is officially supported, but customer has 2005. Will be using IPCC 4.0(5).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I have retrieved data from the SQL Server 2005 database without any problem.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

(Please, rate helpful posts ;-))

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

if you are talking about SQL Server 2005 as SQL Engine that repalce the SQL Server 2000 installation for IPCC Express, is not supported and the IPCC Express engine wouldn't work.

If you would like to access a SQL Server 2005 from the Database steps, try to set up a connection in the same way as for SQL Server 2000. It is likely that works, but I haver never try it.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

I'm talking about accessing an external database from the script, not the internal database for IPCC. Does anyone from Cisco know if this works or not? I don't have the Premium version, so I can't test it myself.

Hi,

I have set up a database connection to an SQL Server 2005 engine and it works with my IP/IVR 4.0(2). I have set up an ODBC connection to SQL Server 2005 and I can get registries from different databases using the DBXXXX steps in the script editor.

But, in the Cisco documentation, there is no explicit reference to support 2005, only SQL 7 and 2000.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Have you retrieved any data from the database? If that works, I will take it as "not officially supported", but works.

Yes, I have retrieved data from the SQL Server 2005 database without any problem.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

(Please, rate helpful posts ;-))

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: