cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 5.1 CDR Issue...

sketterman
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone shed some light on the CDR's in 5.1? We need to be able to get information out of them relavant to CMC's because this is how we bill our clients for phone calls.....in CM 4.1(3) we can just connect to the SQL database. What are my options????

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My understanding is that if you have external CDR software such as vxtracker, Commview, WinCall, etc, the vendor has to be able to pick up a flat file from a location. Since you cant have the CDR software call directly into the CCM because the database has changed from SQL to (slipping my mind here) CCM has to send a flat file (TFTP or secure TFTP) to a location you specify. Your CDR software should be able to pick this up and process the flat file into the system.

Check with your vendor for CDR if it can pickup the flat file from TFTP location.

cheers!

Raghu13
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Starting with CallManager 5.x your access to the CDRs is limited. There are two ways for you to get CDRs:

One is to setup a (s)ftp server and then enter the server details (IP/hostname, username, password, etc) in the CallManager. The CallManager then sends csv/flat files to the (s)ftp server as and when it generates CDRs.

The other way is to make SOAP requests as and when required, and ask CallManager to send the CDRs flat files to your (s)ftp server.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: