cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7941-7961 8.2.2 for 4.1.3 firmware has a bug

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Upgrading the 7941-61 firmware to version 8.2.2 causes the Missed Call list to be inverted. The list is suppose to show the last call received first in the list. If you upgrade the firmware, it shows the last call received in the bottom of the list. Has anyone else experience this problem? I don't think it has been reported yet. The fix is to downgrade to 8.2.1 or device pack 39.1 for 4.1.3

15 Replies 15

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Oh boy. And considering the list can be 100 numbers is not nice at all!

It's too bad that we have to see many releases going out without comprehensive testing.

I would like to know how they didn't catch this before the release the firmware. It is confirmed. It has happened to another 4.1.3 installation

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for posting this latest info. I was getting ready to upgrade to 8.2.2 from 8.2.1 due to the ongoing Time display problems. I guess now I'll have to wait. But you have saved me more pain at least :)

5 points from this end !!

Thanks again,

Rob

I see the same problem.

Thanks to you guys, I only upgraded my phone, and we will hold off on any more upgrades.

Thanks for the information!

I was just checking, and it looks like all of the Call list are inverted.

Sorry for the bad news!

I've also noticed that the web server in the phones is broken, and you can no longer browse to the phone to view statistics etc etc

Can anyone else confirm this? It worked in past releases...

Other than that and the phonelist problem it seems overall to be OK - certainly better than some of the previous releases!

no webserver, inverted lists and "still better". ?!?

It seems to me this release is an excellent candidate to immediate withdraw for an update to be released fast.

For a time I've been working in devtest at cisco and have many friends that still are doing. Letting such a low quality release pass testing and not sent back to dev would have been a thing to NEVER let happen.

My thoughts exactly..

How did you get involved in the testing - as part of employment with cisco?

The Date: header (missing time value in the SIP Date: headed) bug has been fixed in this release, this was an absolute showstopper for me as it prevented the phone registering at all with a third party SIP proxy. So for me at least 8.2(2) it is improvement as I have now been able to upgrade from 8.0(2)SR1a, which I was stuck on for nearly a year. Still, the whole release feels a bit rough around the edges...

The web server is still working for me!

Yes, around y2k I've been with devtesting at cisco for the 7200 router

I have a question about the SIP releases. you was using 8.0(2) said to be the best image for third party, but cisco has a set of SIP images made for non-callmanager that are up to 8.6 now. Are these not working as well ?

8.6 was for the 7940/7960, not for the 79x1 series. The latest for the 7941 is 8.2(2).

The 7940/7960 has a totally different architecture, different numbering scheme etc and the software is not interchangeable.

mhansen
Level 4
Level 4

i can confirm this is also an issue with CM 4.2(3).

Latest firmware fixes this issue as well as the DST.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: