cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

changing the station ids name for voice ports on 2811

charlotterob
Level 1
Level 1

I need to change the station-id name for different voice-ports, for example i want to change the station on one or more of the following voice ports, also when i do change the station-id names for this voice ports will it have any negative effect on the routing or patterns.

!

voice-port 0/2/0

description FAX-1 1234567890 via port 41

station-id name abc <---this needs2chang

station-id number 1234567890

caller-id enable

So what i am doing is the following

#configure

configure# voice-port 0/2/0

configure voice-port # statation-id name def enter

takes me back to # but when i check the name if in fact has changed, and it doesnt, what am i doing wrong

thank you for all your help

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

there are no impacts on routing or anything. Try "no station-id name" and then "station-id name blabla".

once again thank you very much for all your help, i have to review my cisco books a little bit more, i am more into asterisk, but cisco is well into the market.

I really appreciate your help with all my questions, also do you anything about aironet 1240ag connecting with a wifi cisco 7920 using a 2811 with 2 vlans?

thank you again for your help

I try to do it again changing the station-id and for some reason is not taking the new name

#configure

voice2811#

voice2811#voice-port 0/2/0

voice2811#station-id name edf company

voice2811

Then ill go and check the name of station id and the same thing.. i did what you told me to try no station-id name and then station-id name and same thing

unless somehow i am not reaching the right voice port?

Seems like it is a strange bug with the station-id.

The workaround would be save entire configuration to file, edit file as appropriate, copy back to router with tftp as startup-configuration, reload router.

The wireless phone setup should work fine as well, the vlan thing if you never did it, can take a little to master.

i was able to re-configure the file and copy it back to the router. I dont know what it was but now it has the correct station-id name , after i manipulate the config file, thank you again for your help paolo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: