cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

changing the station ids name for voice ports on 2811

charlotterob
Level 1
Level 1

I need to change the station-id name for different voice-ports, for example i want to change the station on one or more of the following voice ports, also when i do change the station-id names for this voice ports will it have any negative effect on the routing or patterns.

!

voice-port 0/2/0

description FAX-1 1234567890 via port 41

station-id name abc <---this needs2chang

station-id number 1234567890

caller-id enable

So what i am doing is the following

#configure

configure# voice-port 0/2/0

configure voice-port # statation-id name def enter

takes me back to # but when i check the name if in fact has changed, and it doesnt, what am i doing wrong

thank you for all your help

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

there are no impacts on routing or anything. Try "no station-id name" and then "station-id name blabla".

once again thank you very much for all your help, i have to review my cisco books a little bit more, i am more into asterisk, but cisco is well into the market.

I really appreciate your help with all my questions, also do you anything about aironet 1240ag connecting with a wifi cisco 7920 using a 2811 with 2 vlans?

thank you again for your help

I try to do it again changing the station-id and for some reason is not taking the new name

#configure

voice2811#

voice2811#voice-port 0/2/0

voice2811#station-id name edf company

voice2811

Then ill go and check the name of station id and the same thing.. i did what you told me to try no station-id name and then station-id name and same thing

unless somehow i am not reaching the right voice port?

Seems like it is a strange bug with the station-id.

The workaround would be save entire configuration to file, edit file as appropriate, copy back to router with tftp as startup-configuration, reload router.

The wireless phone setup should work fine as well, the vlan thing if you never did it, can take a little to master.

i was able to re-configure the file and copy it back to the router. I dont know what it was but now it has the correct station-id name , after i manipulate the config file, thank you again for your help paolo