Views
Helpful
Replies

Waiting Queue

marvecs-germany
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

i'm stuck. Any1 knows how to create a *REAL* Waiting Queue with CCM 4.2? Please note: i am NOT meaning the "Hold" Softkey .. it would be great if there is any solution out there, a 3rd party tool is warm welcome ... we need this feature!!

Simple procedure:

> Call in, but busy > Call forward to Service Center > Service Center is busy, too > Some nice music playing with some text "No lines available, Please hold on, we will with you shortly" ... > Service Center gets available > Call gets in to be replied

Help, plz!!

Kind Regards

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Did you associate the pilot point with the ac user and restart the TCD service?

Brandon

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Martin,

One simple way to do this is to setup an Attendant Console Hunt Group and record an on-hold loop that contains music and "No lines available, etc."

Attendant Console

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a8b.html#wp29392

If you need more advanced call center features such as agent login, reporting, advanced scripts, etc. IPCC Express (now Unified Contact Center Express) is a good choice.

Unified Contact Center Express

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/index.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon

thanks for your Reply.

I've already set up everything as you posted, but it simply won't work ...

- created a AC Pilot Point (Named it "Waiting Queue", DN is 93)

- Set up Hunt group for Pilot Point and added the Members

- Checked "Enable Queuing" in acconfig.bat for the Pilot Point, set Hunting Method to "Circular Hunting"

- Set "Call forward Busy" to 93 on the Attendant Phones

All i get is a "not-available-beep-beep-beep-beep" when Calling a Attendant who is busy.

Am i missing something??

Martin

Martin,

You do not need to set Call Forward Busy back to 93. If a member is busy, CCM will know to try another member or queue the call. Does calling the pilot point work if the member is available?

Brandon

No. Unfortunately the pilot point is unavailable and i don't know why ... i am getting a short beep-beep when dialing the 93 ...

Martin

Did you associate the pilot point with the ac user and restart the TCD service?

Brandon

Nevermind :))))

Thanks Brandon!!

Brandon

it's me again! :)

I still have problems that some Calls become dropped (totally unexpected) when they arrive the Waiting Queue and one Attendant is back ready.

I think i have ONE BIG MISTAKE in my configuration, please confirm my suggestion (or not) ...

- Our Main Number is +4973114000-0 (the Zero stands for the Reception)

- We have two digits of DNs

- The Zero of the main Number is mapped to DN 10

- I've set up a Pilot Point with Number 893

- I've set up a Hunt Group with two Members: 10 and 51

- The AC User controls the two devices of the Attendants AND the Pilot Point itself.

- If a DN is busy, the Call becomes forwarded to 10 > if 10 is busy the call becomes forwarded from 10 to 893

I think, that's totally wrong, isn't it (as you mentioned that before).

I think i have to

- Map the Zero of the Main Number to 893

- Forward Busy Calls of all the DNs to Zero (893)

But what do i need to configure at the AC User?? The Pilot Point only?! Or all of the devices AND the Pilot Point?

I'm getting crazy ...

Martin

One more Question which replaces the one before i think ...

Do i need to set "Forward All" to the Pilot Point on the Attendant Phones?

I simply don't understand on which time and where the event occurs that the Call goes into the Pilot Point?

- I have one Pilot Point now (893)

- Two Hunt Group Members (51, 10)

- Assigned the Pilot Point (893) to the AC user

When does TCD checks if the members are available or not?

From the documentation:

"First Available Hunt Group Member?Cisco TCD goes through the members in the hunt group in order until it finds the first available destination for routing the call. You can choose this routing option from the Pilot Point Configuration window in Cisco CallManager Administration."

Where is the entry point?

Martin

Martin,

The entry point is when you call the pilot point (893). When you call 893, TCD looks for an available hunt group member. Do you want all incoming calls to go to this hunt group? If so, create a translation pattern that translates calls to your main number to 893.

Brandon

That's what i needed to know. Thank you!!

I was able to reproduce the error, Calls are dropped without any Cause ...

Using 3 cellular phones, i call the Main Number.

- First Call goes to the Attendant directly as she is available

- Second Call goes into Queue

- Third Call goes into Queue

- When First Call is finished and Second Call goes to the Attendant, the third Call is dropped instantly ... but WHY??

Sniff ...

What do you have congigured for Hold Time in acconfig.bat?

Brandon

Hold Time is 0.

But i think i just figured it out!

I still had a forward busy 893 on the Attendant Phones which is enough that (my suggestion) for a millisecond the TCD becomes weird.

Know what i mean?

I don't know the exact working process of TCD, how he asks the phone if it is busy or not, how many calls are still in queue, etc. But my theory is that TCD not only handles the next Call in priority list but takes ALL Calls still in Queue (because maybe Call 2 is dropped in the meanwhile but TCD does not reload its index) and tries to forward them to the Attendant ...

- Call 1 becomes finished

- Attendant is back ready, TCD notices that and takes Call 2 and 3 to the Attendant.

- For a millisecond, Attendant is ready, takes Call 2, is busy then again, Call 3 hangs around and Phone has a busy forward back to 893, TCD becomes weird and drops this Call and all the others (if there are some).

Strange thinking, huh? But i can't explain myself how it should work else.

I'm weird, too.

I just found the Stack Trace from when the Call couldn't be delivered to the Target Address ...

76 06/01 16:14:20.813 ERROR ACPilotRP: 893: CallID: 16866181 Unable to redirect the call to : 51com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Request failed because destination was busy.

77 06/01 16:14:20.813 ERROR com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Request failed because destination was busy.

at com.cisco.jtapi.ConnectionImpl.redirect(com/cisco/jtapi/ConnectionImpl)

at com.cisco.ac.server.telephony.ACPilotRoutePoint.routeCall(ACPilotRoutePoint.java:635)

at com.cisco.ac.server.telephony.ACPilotRoutePoint.processConnOffered(ACPilotRoutePoint.java:243)

at com.cisco.ac.server.telephony.ACPilotRoutePoint.access$000(ACPilotRoutePoint.java:40)

at com.cisco.ac.server.telephony.ACPilotRoutePoint$1.run(ACPilotRoutePoint.java:118)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: