please any ideas!!

Unanswered Question
Mar 29th, 2007

hi guys

if i have 8 sites (sopkes), and a HQ (Hub), each site already has 1841 router and i want to deploy a callmanager in the HQ, and IP phones in all locations, of course all internal calls between sites will traverse the WAN links each through its 1841.

now as known 1841 doesn't work as a gateway, so i want ideas on how to terminate all external calls from all sites to pstn in this case!??

i think a solution could be applicable here that is to install one 28xx/38xx gateway somewhere on one site and all external calls to pstn to go over wan link until it reachs this gateway to be then terminated to pstn but here i need to upgrade all wan links to capable BW....

are there any ideas how to workaround this case

please help

thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 03/29/2007 - 05:36

Yes, you install 28xx for one or more PRI to pstn. Telephones in branches can use codec g729 and save bandwith.

Hope this helps, please rate post!

user-cisco Thu, 03/29/2007 - 07:28

thanks but what about any failover scenarios like srst if the wan link fails are there any workaround also?!

Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 03/29/2007 - 09:34

The 1811 doesn't support srts but has an ISDN port that you can use for ISDN WAN backup to the same PRI that you are using for voice. You will have 128 Kbps per site, That is 2-3 calls and some data going thru at the same time.

The configuration is a bit advanced so you woul need to implement with a specialized parter.

user-cisco Thu, 03/29/2007 - 12:25

thanks friend for ur valuable knowledge

i thought of a workaround solution specifically on failover for the above case,

since each site has already a traditional pbx, can this pbx be utilized in somehow to achieve failover when wan fails... do u have any idea since old pbx in each site may be utilized with let's say some analog lines from telco especially in wan failure period?!

Actions

This Discussion