cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disappering Device in LMS 2.6

paulhowlett_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, recently one of our 6509-E disappered from Ciscoworks. It left the devices that are attached to it floating in topology views.

When I go to manually add it again eithe by hostname or IP address I'm told that I cannot add a duplicate device.

I've exported the DCR database and the switch doesn't show up there either.Looked in unconnected devices view too. Any ideas where the info is being held so that I can delete and re-add it?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this LMS server integrated with ACS?

Hi, yes it is. I initiated a rediscovery and it seems to have been 'found' again. The device is configured as an ACS client and isn't a new addition to the network.

Is it showing up under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Reports > Devices not in ACS? If so, then it is most likely not in ACS with the same address as what LMS is using to manage it. Either that or there is a problem with your integration. Perhaps you are using network device groups, and your user does not have access to this device's NDG.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: