cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Partition User Directory for Forwarding Messages

mdury
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to partition the Users in the Directory for forwarding purposes? For example, if i press "5" after listening to a message, the prompt says "Please enter the first few letters of the last name, then press pound"

This will query all users, so I could potentially forward messages to another company (hosted platform)

Is there any way to get around this? We have 4.0.5 . Thanks

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity 4.2(1) and later supports this - you can restrict the address list on a per subscriber baisis (assigned to groups using BulkEdit if you like). This includes addressing new messages and forwarding messages.

Jeff,

Do you have any hints on how to implement this feature as well?

THanks

Hmmm... just went back and looked - the ability to limit the address book on a per user basis (as opposed to editing the primary location objects's search scope system wide) did not go out with 4.2(1) - it's in the 5.0(1) systems we're testing now.

I believe the FCS for 5.0 is the end of May at this point.

Is there any other workaround for 4.2.1 ?

jsailers
Level 1
Level 1

Starting in 4.0, you can create a directory handler that uses CoS, Distribution List, location (and many more) to narrow down the list of users that appear in the directory.

We use Distribution Lists mainly, but as I said, there are many options to choose from.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: