cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fast reassociation

Jason Madison
Level 5
Level 5

I've got a warehouse with two 1131 access points, one of which is configured as a wds. a tablet pc running xp tablet os is the only client. the tablet will associate with either access point (one or the other) upon startup but loses association while roaming to the other access point. does the tablet need to run aironet client software to qualify as a leap client device, or is there something else i'm missing?

2 Replies 2

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

No this is not a requirement. If WDS is configured properly, the client should roam to the other device without loosing the connection. Can you post the WDS configuration? Want to make sure the configuration is correct.

We actually decided to remove one of the two access points and move the other to be more centrally located. I would have still posted the wds config but the ap was set back to defaults. Thanks for the reply though!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card