cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Make busy option for line

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I have a user that I created a Hunt Pilot, Hunt List and Line group for. Some of the phones in the line group are not always manned and they do not want these phone to ring when no one is manning them.

Is there a feature I can add that will make the phones be skipped?

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Del,

This feature was added in CCM 4.2.1;

Log Out of Hunt Groups

The Log Out of Hunt Groups feature allows phone users to log their phones out from receiving calls that get routed to directory numbers that belong to line groups to which the phone lines are associated. Regardless of the phone status, the phone rings normally for incoming calls that are not calls to the line group(s) that are associated with the phone. The phone provides a visual status of the login state, so the user can determine by looking at the phone whether they are logged in to their line group(s).

The Log Out of Hunt Groups feature also comprises the following components:

The HLog softkey allows a phone user to log a phone out of all line groups to which the phone directory numbers belong. Configure the HLog softkey in the Softkey Layout Configuration window. When the user presses the HLog softkey, the phone screen displays "Logged out of Hunt Group." When the user presses the HLog softkey again to log back in and receive hunt group calls, the "Logged out of Hunt Group" notification on the phone screen clears.

The Hunt Group Logoff Notification service parameter in the Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) section of the Service Parameters Configuration window for the Cisco CallManager service must be configured to enable this feature.

The Log Out of Hunt Groups feature, which is device-based, operates differently for non-shared lines and for shared lines.

From this CCM 4.2.1 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00805f1470.html#wp2440103

Hope this helps!

Rob

Well poop!! I am on 4.1(3)sr4b Not planning on upgrading anytime soon either. Good info to have though.

Anybody know if this feature is available in CCM 5.0 or 5.1? I can't find HLOG key in any softkey template and I can't find "Hunt Group Logoff Notification" service parameter setting anywhere.

Much reading of release notes etc and i'm still left guessing. Anybody?

It should be in the latest version of 5.1. It is based on 4.2.3 feature set.

Thank you very much Kelvin for a prompt reply.

We are running the following version:

System version: 5.1.1.2000-2

Administration version: 1.1.0.0-1

The latest version I can find on CCO is 5.1(1b) but the readme doesn't refer to this feature at least as far as I can tell.

Are you able to point me to some particular version release notes so I can be sure an upgrade will fix this.

Ok.. It looks like I told you wrong. I was always told that 5.1 was based on 4.2 and 5.0 was based on 4.1.3. Well I just found out that 5.1 is based on 4.1.3. So to answer your question correctly, at this time that feature is not available. It will be available in 6.0 along with other kewl features. Again Sorry about that..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: