Views
Helpful
Replies

communication of voice from a Web site with a Cisco Callmanager 4.2

pwulf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need an application that allows to have a voice communication from a Web portal . The user must make click in an icon of the Web site and this user be able to have a communication of voice with a Cisco Callmanager 4.2. have somebody experience with this?

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

How do you figure the communication channel would be set up?

How this is usually done is that the user enters his phone number and an agent will call him on that number. I do not think IPCC express can currently do that - but I might be mistaken as I haven't done that much scripting.. it might be doable via web trigger.

If you want to go the other way round (a call is established to your call center), then as I already mentioned the question becomes how that should work. Unless the user's home phone is somehow connected to the PC and can be controlled remotely, you can't just initiate a call. There are some softphone clients that would do this though, e.g. Skype can be launched from a website to initiate a call. Then you'd just need a Skype to PBX gateway. If that's the route you want to go, let me know and I can mention some products I've found that do this.

I would be interested in how this could be done. Please send me a listing of the products you are talking about.

Stephan is right.

a valid alternative that we see more and more in the market is a skype gateway to use the skype-me feature to send calls to a ccm and ccme.

click here to have an example:

http://www.stonevoice.com/Products/IPSkypeGateway/tabid/989/Default.aspx

rgds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: