cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750G stack port problem

LEACHMIKE
Level 1
Level 1

Just received 4 3750G, connected the stack cables to the stacking ports, boot up and the POST shows that no cables are connected. Is there a configuration step that I missed?

5 Replies 5

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It could be anything up-to-this-point but this article should guide you in the right direction.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12225see/scg/swstack.htm

During the POST sequence , I see a message that no cables are in the stack ports. I have 4 switches all cabled together and all 4 get the same errors. Is it possible that all 4, which were manufactured on the same day have defective stack ports, or that all cabeling is also bad.

I had assumed plug and play for this

How are cables hooked up ? Should be port 1 to port 2 all the way down the stack and port 1 on bottom should go to port 2 on the top switch . Also make sure you power up one at a time with the chosen stackmaster first .

That is exactly the way it is cabled, and I power up one at a time, yet the ports show as empty

LEACHMIKE
Level 1
Level 1

The stack ports were defective. New switches will be delivered. Thanks for the replies

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco