Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5.x Lic reusing

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

with the new licensing model in ccm 5.x, if i used some of my purchased license units for let's say ip communicator, then i want to change using these units and use them for one or more 79xx phones, the idea is that if one purchased 1000 units only for 79xx but during the period before implementation he wants to use some of them for ip communicator for testing then reusing them for their purpose (79xx)

is it applicable, how to perform this?

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

user-cisco,

Remember that the licensing model is not tied to a particular model of phone. You purchase device license units (DLUs). Each type of phone use a different quantity of DLUs. 796x/794x uses 4 DLUs. So tomorrow if you remove one of these phones and add a ip communicator or vice versa, if IPComm uses only 2 DLUs, the remaining 2 DLUs goes to the unused pool. So yes, you can definitely reuse DLUs regardless of the type of phone you have.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi Sankar,

I thought this was a really good description of what I'm sure will be a 5.x FAQ

5 Points from this end for another excellent answer!

Take care,

Rob

Thanks Rob. And here is my 5 for you, as a token of appreciation you show to other forum members. Also congrats on achieving the green star!!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Hi Shanky,

Too Cool !!!!!!!!

Thanks for your kind words and also for your continued participation in these forums :)

It is no wonder that you are #1.

Take care,

Rob

Just a quick question about third-party device. Is that the license for cisco phone can be used by third-party sip phone? It is quite confused because they are two different part number.

Many thanks

Jeff, good question indeed. Even though the pricing sheet shows two diff part numbers for Cisco devices versus third party, i would think, that to the Cisco callmanager license manager this is essentially a DLU. I will ask around if this statement holds true with some of my peers at Cisco.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: