Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT and CCM

maddox-mp
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I would like to know what is the best and faster way to export the user database from a cluster to another cluster? Any good links with screen shoots?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Maddox

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Most of the info such as user data, phone/line info, can be exported using BAT. BAT versions are different if you are moving from one cluster (v1) to another cluster (v2). In that case you will have to reformat the exported info into the new cluster's BAT format before importing them. Importing route patterns, translation patterns, partition, CSS etc are the hard part. There is no feature available in BAT to bulk import these.

With callmanager 5.x i have heard that 5.x architecture involves AXL, there are tools that are available which helps import route patterns, CSS, partitions etc. (and you can get this tool if you call TAC, this may be a rumour).

But never seen such a tool for real...

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I manage to export users and phones in this past weekend, using BAT. For the import into another cluster I will take care probably sometime this week. I will let you know what problems I will encounter.

Regards,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: