Views
Helpful
Replies

Question MPLS very urgent !!!

intermediasud
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I?m newbie for MPLS and i?m working to change the core network to MPLS but i have somes problemes with this difficult mission :

I have a PIX between PE1 et P1 to protect the trafic of somes clients but unfortunately it doesn?t support MPLS and I can?t change it because of some reasons.

To migrate to MPLS, I try to add the new link P1 ? PE1 and this sounds good. At the moment, I see that all traffic that run over this link instead of the PIX (it?s normal with OSPF)

Please tell me, how to classify the traffic of client A (by the PIX) and client B (directement P1) ?

If not, is there any solutions for my network to migrate to MPLS without change the PIX?

Maybe we can play with ACL, route-map or the metric of interface but I?m not sure.

Thanks for any answers or any clues.

PS: The schema is in the figure attached.

Hoang-Vu NGUYEN

2 Replies 2

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As you mentioned, the PIX is not MPLS aware. You would normally use the PIX at the edge of the MPLS network rather than in the core.

You could always use PBR on PE1 to forward traffic from client A to the PIX and let all other traffic follow the natural path via P1.

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

intermediasud
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I will try this solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: